Software Equity Group’s complimentary 3Q12 Software Industry Equity Report is now available for download. Our 3Q12 Report provides the facts, data and insight you need to keep your finger on the software industry’s pulse. We’ve assessed how public software, Internet and SaaS companies performed in Q3; how they've performed amid the current macro environment and technological disruptions driven by mobile and cloud computing and how their stock prices and market valuations have responded. Our 3Q12 Report also enumerates and analyzes the software IPOs through 2012 and measures M&A deal volume and exit valuations overall and by software product category.
- 94 SaaS companies were acquired in 3Q12, accounting for 23% of all software transactions and up from 10% only two years ago. The SaaS median exit multiple remains near record highs. What SaaS product categories are on fire?
- Internet M&A transactions in 3Q12 increased a whopping 22% YoY. What Internet product categories are leading the charge and why?
- 3Q12’s median EV/Revenue exit multiple was 1.9x for traditional, on-premise software companies, but the median only tells part of the story. How many of these transactions achieved exit multiples above 5.0x?
- What on-premise software product category achieved a median 3.6x EV/Revenue exit multiple and why?
- Which software product category accounted for nearly 17% of all software M&A deals in Q3, fetching a median EV/Revenue exit multiple of 2.6x?
- Are the public markets rewarding revenue growth over EBITDA margin in this macro environment? Our analysis paints a clear picture of what investors demand today from public software companies.
- The TTM revenue growth rates of public SaaS companies declined for the first time in six quarters in 3Q12. What is the EBITDA impact? Will this trend continue?
- What IPO shot up over 41% on its first trading day in the third quarter? What three IPOs have managed to achieve YTD stock returns in excess of 100% in 2012?
If you'd like to see additional information or have problems downloading, please contact Kris Beible at: email@example.com or (858) 509-2800 . If your Report does not download, please turn off your web browser's pop-up blocker.